Open Call for Artistic Work
Funding of up to £50k available for new artistic projects
The first of two open calls for artistic work to be delivered as part of the Transforming Narratives programme is now open.
Transforming Narratives is a project to establish Birmingham as a global centre for contemporary arts from Pakistan and Bangladesh. The project brings together artists and cultural organisations from across artforms, who are located in Birmingham and cities in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Transforming Narratives allows for new ideas and artistic practices to be shared, leading to the creation of new work that will give previously unheard voices an international platform.
Open Call Opportunities
There are three funding strands available:
• Exchanges: Supporting work that brokers new partnerships or develops existing ones through international residencies, exchanges and critical dialogue in Birmingham, Pakistan or Bangladesh. Funding of up to £30k available.
• Collaborative Projects: Supporting the showcasing of contemporary artistic work and building long-lasting cross-country relationships. Funding of up to £50k available.
• Reciprocal Showcasing: Supporting ambitious cross-country collaboration projects to develop new work and build on existing ideas. Funding of up to £20k available.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2019.
Interested applicants can attend one of two briefing sessions:
• 25 September at Midlands Arts Centre 1.30pm
• 26 September at STEAMhouse lab, Digital Cities 5.30pm
Full details can be found here
Transforming Narratives is managed by Culture Central, supported by Arts Council England and delivered in association with The British Council.